Want to go eco-friendly with your Brother HL-3075CW? Then perhaps you should know about its Toner Save Mode feature, this is a setting wherein you can change the setup of your printer to lower the amount of toner it used every time it prints your documents. One can change the Toner Save mode setting using the control panel or the printer driver as follows. The usual default setting is “OFF” but one should remember that this setting is not recommended when printing photo or grayscale images.
Using the Printer Driver
- Press the + or – to choose General Setup. Press OK.
- Press the + or – to choose Ecology. Press OK.
- Press the + or – to choose Toner Save. Press OK.
- Choose “Off” or “On“. Press OK.
For Windows® Users
- Open Preferences…
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Check on or off the “Toner Save Mode” check box.
- Click OK.
[BR-Script printer driver]
- Open Preferences… (Printing Preferences…).
- Open the Layout tab and then click Advanced.
- Choose “Off” or “On” in the Toner Save of the Printer Features.
- Click OK.
For Macintosh users [Printer Driver]:
- Open Print dialog.
- [Mac OS X 10.3.9 – 10.5.x users]: (a) Choose “Print Settings” from the print options pop-up menu. (b) Click the Basic and then check on or off the Toner Save Mode check box. [Mac OS X 10.6.x or later users]: (a) Choose “Print Settings” from the print options pop-up menu. (b) Click the Advanced triangle mark and then choose Toner Save Mode from the list box. (c) Check on or off the Toner Save Mode check box.
- If you want to print with this setting only one time, click Print. If you want to print with this setting every time, please go on to the STEP 4.
- Choose “Save As…” or “Save Current Settings as Preset…” in the Presets. Type the name of this setting in the newly opened dialogue. E.g. TonerSaveMode
- Click OK. Your customized setting will be saved and shown as the choices in the Presets.
- Choose your customized setting created in the STEP 4 – 6 and then click Print. The document will be printed out.
Once you decided to return the quality setting of your printer then just follow the steps again to turn off the Toner Save Mode of your Brother HL-3075CW. If the printouts had not improved their quality then perhaps it’s time to replace its printer consumable, the Brother TN210 toner cartridges or Brother DR210 drums.
Credits to Brother Solutions Center