The HP Color LaserJet CP2020 and CP2025 Series is a set of laser printers and multifunction laser printers that are designed to deliver high printing demands and needs as well as office paper works such as faxing, scanning and copying in small to medium sized businesses. Each of these printers is engineered with advanced printing features to enable easy document workflow and increase productivity in the office. But aside from that it also has an economical and environmental-friendly feature known as the Toner Save Mode which can extend the installed life of the toner cartridges installed inside your machine.
First of all, each of the laser printers and multifunction printers in the HP Color LaserJet CP2020 and CP2025 Series uses HP 304A toner cartridges: HP CC530A black toner, HP CC531A cyan toner, HP CC532A magenta toner and HP CC533A yellow toner. These printer consumables has printing page yields of up to 3,500 pages for the black toner and 2,800 pages for the color toners at 5% coverage page yield. Upon enabling the Toner Save Mode in the Printer Setting, it will instruct a command to your printer to use the minimal amount of toner powder thus saving more toner powder and extending the installed life of your laser toner cartridges.
To enable the Toner Save Mode or EconoMode of your HP Color LaserJet CP2020 and CP2025 Series Printers, here are the steps you should follow:
- Step 1 – From the software program of your HP Color LaserJet CP2020/ CP2025, select the Print Option.
- Step 2 – Select the product then click Properties or Preferences button.
- Step 3 – Click the Paper/Quality tab then locate the Print Quality area.
- Step 4 – If the entire page is too dark, use these setting: (1) Select the 600 dpi option, (2) Select the EconoMode check box to enable it.
- Step 5 – Click the OK button to close the Document Properties dialog box. In the Print dialog, click the OK button to print the job.
Remember that the Econo-Mode setup or TonerMode setting of the printer is not recommended when printing high-quality documents or grayscale pictures since enabling this setup will lighten the prints. If you want to disable the setting, all you have to do is to follow the steps above again and instead of enabling the EconoMode checkbox, click it to disable the setting then proceed to clicking to OK button. This will return the setting back and as well as to the quality of your printouts.